Happy Tenant Residential Property Management " /> Compliance Checklist - The Happy Tenant Company

Compliance Checklist

Compliance Guidelines for The Happy Tenant Company according to the 2003 Money Laundering Regulations.


For Individual Owners (not company) please provide just one from each section.

Proof Of Ownership

  • Land Reg Certificate.
  • solicitor confirming recent purchase 

Photo I.D.

  • Driving License,
  • Passport or E.U. I. D. Card.

All these must be presented in person and verified or they can be verified by: a solicitor, accountant, regulated financial adviser, an officer of a regulated bank, a civil servant, a mortgage broker, a teacher, minister of religion.

The certifier should write “I certify that this is true copy of the original and any photograph bears a good likeness of the applicant” The certifier must then print their name, title and telephone number on the document, sign their name and include the company stamp or job title or occupation and date it accordingly.

Proof of Address

  • Annual Council tax statement to include current date.
  • Utility bill within the last 3 months.
  • Telephone bill (landline only). This can’t be a mobile bill.
  • P. Letter
  • HMRC self assessment letters or tax demands within the current financial year.
  • Electoral Registration.
  • Drivers licence (only if not used already as Photo I.D.). This can’t be a provisional license.
  • Mortgage statement from a recognised lender for the last year.
  • Bank statement showing transaction within the last 3 months.

For a Company

If property is owned by a company, all the above is required for each Director / Shareholder with over 25% of the shares.